COVID - 19
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
The Pucić Palace 2020
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based disinfectant,
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes,
- Avoid close contact with sick people who exhibit symptoms of fever, cough and / or shortness of breath,
- All employees should stay home if they are sick, call your chosen doctor and avoid going to a healthcare facility unless your doctor advised you to do that,
- Avoid handshaking and close conversation - maintain social distancing,
- Keep the rooms and premises ventilated.
- Wearing mask in public places where safety distance cannot be maintained helps to reduce spread of virus. Mask can help awareness of the physical distance and health conscious behavior.
- It is necessary to ensure that the highest hygiene standards are observed and to keep a limited number of customers apart, in order to reduce physical contact and maintain a prescribed distance of 1,5 meters between buyers, sellers and buyers, and sellers mutually if one charges and the other issues.
- Payment with contactless cards is recommended if is possible.
- For the cash payment procedure, it is recommended that the buyer first places the money on the counter and then takes the rest of the counter and after each buyer the counter is disinfected.
- Ensure that no crowds are created and clear instructions are placed on all entrances and visible places.
- Prominently state instructions and recommendations for observance of general hygiene rules and a strict measure of physical distance.
2.1 Our proposal - Front desk
- Maximum occupancy up to 70 % with 24 hours empty units between 2 guests - each property has to define own rules according to the specific location or guest structure.
- Reception desk staff has be sufficiently informed about COVID-19, capable of informing guests who inquire about the policy in terms of the preventive measures established or other services that guests may require (for example, medical and pharmacy services available in the area or at the establishment itself).
- To advise guests with respiratory symptoms to stay in their rooms until the epidemiologist is informed, management should arrange it immediately.
- Limit the number of people at the reception.
- Insure hand sanitizer on the front desk and at the entrance.
- Staff must wear protective gloves or wash their hands when there are manipulating with money or guest documents.
- Disinfect the reception desk after each guest.
- Ensure that thermometers, masks and protective gloves are available for our guests on request.
- Bellboy - the person at the entrance allows appropriate number of the guests to enter the hotel. Guests are waiting in front of the hotel if there are too many guests at the reception.
- Ensure 24 h empty room - to be cleaned and sanitized properly.
- Disinfection of the POS terminal after each use.
- Disinfection of guest bracelets, key cards and towel cards after each guest.
- Ventilating the space whenever is possible.
- Notice on how to use the elevator - in front of the elevator. Guests who attend together or only one guest can use it.
- Written information for the guests on safety measures / regime in the restaurant, etc. Social distancing measures, together with frequent hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, are the main measures to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and the guests will be informed at the Front Office.
- Every staff member must strictly comply with the basic protective measures against COVID-19.
2.2 Our proposal - F&B
- Define the max number of the guest per each outlet – individual plans per outlet; depending on the size and shape.
- Staff should perform personal hygiene (frequent regular handwashing, cough hygiene) as strictly as possible.
- Hand disinfection at the entrance - guests should be reminded when entering and leaving the restaurant, breakfast, or dining room to disinfect their hands with disinfectant gel, preferably located at the entrance to those facilities.
- Arrange tables that there is a prescribed social distance between guests.
- All menu covers must be cleaned after each guest or E version via QR code to be offer.
- To define shifts for meals.
- Ventilation of the F&B outlets whenever possible.
- Mask and gloves for the kitchen staff
- Disinfection of the table and parts of the chair touched by guests after each guest.
- Continuous staff health conditions controls.
- The coffee machines, soda machines, and others, in particular the parts more in contact with the hands of users, should be cleaned and disinfected at least after each service and more often if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with sanitary standards around food service and implementation of the HACCP system.
- Room service as usual, covered food, delivery in front of the room's door without service surcharge.
2.3 Housekeeping - ROOMS
- Implementation of the new cleaning plans with disinfection cleaning supplies used after or with cleaning supplies.
- Info about the new procedures about the room cleaning and linen changes available to the guests.
- Room linen has to change on guest request (in case the guest does not want staff to service the room during the stay).
- The room should be empty for 24 hours due to efficient disinfection.
- Room maids will wear masks.
- All the cleaning of a room to be perform with opened window and doors to increase air circulation in order to ventilate the space.
- Old standard for all trashcans will be put in place - plastic bags to avoid risk of contamination during the cleaning and trash transportation.
- Special attention to disinfect frequently touched surfaces after cleaning (furniture, mini bar, light switches, telephone, hairdryer, safe, knobs, remote control, faucet handle, push buttons hangers etc.).
- After the departure of guests, all the bedding from the accommodation units to be washed, including unused laundry: sheets, covers, pillows, towels and bathrobes. When collecting dirty laundry glows will be used and closed containers for transportations.
2.4 Housekeeping - PUBLIC AREAS
- In public areas, cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces helps reduce the risk of infection and detailed plan will be introduced.
- Installing units to dispense disinfectant gel in the different areas of the hotel, including the public restrooms used by guests and by staff, and other areas of interest (e.g. entrance to the dining hall, restaurants, and bars).
- In all the public toilets proper handwashing instruction will be placed.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers in public areas, especially near touch points.